PerkinRA® contains the active substance which is named Anakinra (an immunosuppressive agent). Cytokines are proteins synthesized in body and coordinate inter-cellular communication, and contribute to controlling cell activities.
In Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Cryopyrin- Associated Periodic Syndrome (CAPS) and in Still’s Disease, your body produces large amounts of cytokine, called Interleukin-1, which causes harmful effects such as inﬂammation and development of disease symptoms. Your body generally produces proteins to suppress the harmful impacts of Interleukin1-; Anakinra, the active substance of PerkinRA®, does the same work as these suppressing proteins. Anakinra has been manufactured by DNA technology using E.coli microorganism.
PerkinRA® is prescribed for the following diseases:
• Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes (CAPS)
• Neonatal-Onset Multisystem Inﬂammatory Disease (NOMID), also known as Chronic Infantile Neurologic Cutaneous and Articular Syndrome (CINCA).
• Muckle - Wells Syndrome (MWS)
• Familial Cold auto- Inﬂammatory Syndrome (FCAS)
Do not use PerkinRA® in following cases:
• If you are allergic to anakinra
• If you are allergic to other medicines manufactured by DNA technology using E.coli microorganism.
• If the blood test shows you are suffering from neutropenia disease (reduction in white blood cells).
PerkinRA® blocks the biologic activity of IL-1 alpha and beta by competitively inhibiting IL-1 binding to the interleukin-1 type I receptor (IL-1RI), which is expressed in a wide variety of tissues and organs. IL-1 production is induced in response to inflammatory stimuli and mediates various physiologic responses including inflammatory and immunological responses. IL-1 has a broad range of activities including cartilage degradation by its induction of the rapid loss of proteoglycans, as well as stimulation of bone resorption. The levels of the naturally occurring IL-1Ra in synovium and synovial fluid from RA patients are not sufficient to compete with the elevated amount of locally produced IL-1.
Dosage form: prefilled syringe 100 mg/0.67 ml
Color: colourless-to-white solutions
Storage: 2° to 8°C (36° to 46°F)
Immunogenicity and safety of a bivalent, adjuvant system 04–adjuvanted human papillomavirus vaccine in healthy female volunteers aged 15–25: a randomized, double-blind, phase III, noninferiority clinical trial