Adverse Event Report
Unit 603 and 604, 6th Floor, Ryan Vanak Building, No. 18, West Side of Sheikh Baha'i Square, Tehran, Iran
(+98) 21 45395
Algofil® (Chlorella vulgaris) is a freshwater, unicellular, green algae consisting of %55-60 protein, %9-18 dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The focus on Chlorella as a nutritional source has increased over the past few decades as research proved that Chlorella has a range of health benefits, from hypertension to fibromyalgia.
Algofil® is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K and B vitamins, useful minerals such as iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, potassium, calcium, chromium, etc., very high amounts of protein, all essential amino acids (Which the body is unable to produce), fatty acids, omega 3 and 6 and antioxidants. Also, unlike other plant products, it contains vitamin B12.
Perfect Supplement for Vegans (Extremely rich in bioavailable Vitamin B12)
Certain nutrient requirements may be difficult to achieve through diet and fortified foods alone. This is especially true for vitamin B12, vitamin D, and long-chain omega-3s. All of these are presented in the Chlorella vulgaris supplement.
Use in Specific Populations
• Pregnancy: There are no available data in pregnant women to inform the supplement-associated risk.
• Lactation: There is no information regarding the presence of C. vulgaris in human milk, its effects on milk production, or the breastfed infant.
What are the adverse effects of Algofil®?
%1-10: Nausea, stomach cramping, flatulence, diarrhea, feces color change (green), and sensitivity to sunlight.
Does Algofil® interact with other drugs?
• Immunosuppressants: Chlorella might decrease the effectiveness of medications that are used for suppression of the immune system.
• Warfarin: Chlorella contains large amounts of vitamin K, and might decrease the effectiveness of warfarin. So, blood should be checked regularly. The dose of warfarin might need to be changed.
Health Benefits of Algofil®
• Inhibitory Effect on Weight Gain: Several studies on animals fed high-fat diet proved significant prophylactic effects of Chlorella vulgaris on weight gain and its positive effect on glucose, lipid metabolism, and insulin resistance.
• Acts as an Antioxidant: Chlorella contains several compounds that are considered antioxidants, including chlorophyll, vitamin C, beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein. These antioxidants can help fight many chronic diseases.
• Help to Control Blood Sugar Levels: Other studies have shown that supplementing with chlorella improves blood sugar control and increases insulin sensitivity in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
• Anti-Lipidemic and Anti-Atherosclerotic Effects: Meta-analysis on 19 RCTs with 797 subjects indicated that Chlorella administration significantly decreased the levels of total cholesterol, Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, and fasting blood glucose.
Algofil® Cultivation Method
The photo-bioreactors (disposable bags) are filled with raw water that is also nicely mineralized. Nutrients and an algae starter culture are then added, and the algae begin to grow. The algae get an optimal supply of sunlight because there are no “dark zones”, and no contaminants from the outside can get into the culture. The algae were harvested in Nik Paya Karen Pharmed Co., and they are separated from the water by centrifuging and then gently dried.
For adverse event report and contact with patient support unit
Immunogenicity and safety of a bivalent, adjuvant system 04–adjuvanted human papillomavirus vaccine in healthy female volunteers aged 15–25: a randomized, double-blind, phase III, noninferiority clinical trial
Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of a biosimilar abobotulinum toxin type A in treating moderate-to-severe glabellar lines: A non-inferiority double blinded randomized controlled trial
Arta Pharmed Company, located in Tehran, Iran, is one of the new pharmaceutical companies that focuses on clinical studies, sales, marketing, market development, market access and scientific activities. This company, which was established in 2018, currently cooperates with more than 15 companies in various fields.
Unit 603 and 604, 6th Floor, Rayan Vanak Building, No. 18, West Side of Sheikh Bahaei Square, Tehran, Iran
Copyright © 2022 Arta Pharmed
Developed by "Arta Pharmed-Technical Dep."